What Are The 6 Must-Have Solutions In Today’s Microsoft Modern Workplace?
Going to work doesn’t necessarily mean heading into the office anymore – it could be as simple as taking out your smartphone. Are you prepared to succeed in the modern workplace?
Today, that’s just not the case.
Put another way: work is no longer localized.
Advances in both business and consumer technology – namely, the advent of cloud computing – have allowed professionals in nearly every industry to get away from the city, the office and the desk and get their work done where and when it best suits them and those that they work with.
What Specific Solution Has Done The Most To Set Professionals Free?
While a range of cloud computing solutions, in general, have delocalized the workplace setting, there’s one in particular that stands out from the rest – the productivity suite.
Over the past few years, productivity suites have become more and more popular with businesses of all sizes, in a wide and varied range of industries. It’s the type of solution that has something to offer everyone.
Cloud-based technologies, in general, are changing the way users define “going to work” – especially Microsoft Office 365 and the “Microsoft Modern Workplace”.
What Are The Top 6 Features Of The Microsoft Modern Workplace?
- Easy Communication and Simple Scheduling: With Microsoft Outlook, you can seamlessly integrate your calendar features directly into your email, so that scheduling a meeting, responding to invites and keeping track of your upcoming appointments is that much simpler.
- Convenient Collaboration and File Sharing: Group, a newer feature in Microsoft Office 365, makes file sharing and project work easier than ever. With just a few clicks, mobile teams can update files, make edits, and send new info to each other while in the go.
- Cross-Platform Support: Say you’re using your smartphone while waiting in line for coffee, and then need to switch over to your tablet at a table to continue what you were doing – Microsoft Office 365 works seamlessly across platforms.
- Stay In Touch: Skype For Business comes with the range of features necessary for truly effective communication between you, team members and clients. You can schedule Skype for Business meetings, upload, share and view PowerPoint presentations, share your screen with other contacts, record all calls in high quality, check the availability of meeting attendees, and more.
- Harness Social Media: Microsoft Office 365 can even provide your team with its own private social network in Yammer. With each employee using a personalized profile, you can track progress on projects, share content and resources, and collaborate and communicate to provide feedback and praise once a task has been accomplished.
- Look For Inspiration: When you’re trying to put the finishing touches on a project and need a new idea or two, try out Delve. This cloud-based feature of Microsoft Office 365 displays personal content between team members. Maybe you’re looking for that flashy PowerPoint an acquaintance put together a few weeks ago, or maybe it’s that visually-stunning PDF you recall from a webinar last year. In either case, Delve is the place to find it.
Microsoft Office 365 compiles the best features of the range of Microsoft solutions in a cloud-based environment and offer businesses new and exciting ways to make use of those features. In a nutshell, Microsoft Office 365 takes the Microsoft programs you’ve most likely been using for many years, like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, and combines them with the flexibility and accessibility of the cloud.
Microsoft Office 365 even offers 2FA (two-factor authentication), and an internal data center network that is completely segregated from the external network, making it an ideal solution for data backup and recovery. In short, Microsoft Office 365 offers a level of security and reliability that other cloud productivity solutions can’t match.
Do you feel stuck in the past every time you have to “go to work”? Want a little more flexibility when it comes to accessing your email, updating work files, and collaborating with team members? Free yourself from the desk and the office in general – move to the Microsoft Modern Workplace with Microsoft Office 365.
Like this article? Check out What Can Azure Stack Do For Your Business? The 10 Most Secure & Insecure Airports For WiFi In The United States, or August 2018 Microsoft Office 365 (Features/Benefits) to learn more.