- 5 million small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) will use instant collaboration applications.
- 5 million will use web conferencing.
- 71% of SMBs believe mobile apps will replace traditional solutions in the future.
To help us stay in this game, Microsoft has developed tools to help us:
- Worry Less.
- Protect what you value most with all the compliance features you need in one place.
- You’ll have 24/7 real-time support for critical issues.
- Store your data secure and in your control.
- Keep all your applications up to date.
- Work Easier.
- Work the way you want to work—in the office, at home, or when traveling.
- You’ll have on-the-go, secure access to files, emails and conferencing.
- Experience consistent, familiar and synced experiences across your phone, tablets and desktops.
- Documents can be created and edited in real time with colleagues.
- 1TB of Online Storage.
- Work Together.
- You’ll have more flexibility for your collaborative workforce.
- Benefit from seamless document review, creation, and collaboration.
- Multi-location meeting access and hosting via HD Video.
- A Secure Platform that allows private IMs (Instant Messages) with approved clients and vendors.
And you can do all this with the Gold-Standard, native applications that you’re already used to like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote and Publisher and more, on any computer or Android/IOS device.
Also, to further boost this experience Office 365 provides additional services that enable better communication, collaboration and data access and storage across all your devices such as:
- Skype for Business allows you to use instant messaging (IM), audio and video calls, online meetings, availability (presence) information, and sharing capabilities all from one, easy-to-use program. No matter what kind of feature you need, who you are, where you are or which device you use, Skype for Business client portfolio is aimed to help people be and do better together.
- OneDrive for Business so you can sync files across all your devices. You’ll have access to all your files in one secure, reliable place, with 1TB of cloud storage per user so you can work from any location via the web. Never worry about losing documents with auto save and backup. Easily access your files from anywhere from any device. Share files with whomever you want when you want.
- Yammer is a communication tool you and your employees can use to quickly share information on a topic, have active discussions around it, and agree on next steps. Communicate, share files, and work together in groups organized by project or topic. Extend the conversation by securely looping in external partners whenever needed.
- Groups help small teams work better together. It allows you to form ad-hoc groups of different members of a team such as sales or purchasing, etc. Or you can form a larger cross-organization team to oversee an entire project. When Office 365 Groups were initially released, group conversations could only take place in Outlook. Now you can choose to have group conversations in Yammer or Outlook.
You’ll still be able to send an email to a group in Yammer, and it will appear in the group messages. Additionally, the Office 365 connected Yammer group’s name will be in the global address list (GAL) of your company. Your company can continue to use groups in Yammer and Groups in Outlook based on which group type better fits the scenario for a team.
Plus, Microsoft Office 365 offers many more applications to improve your work experience.
Smart Lookup: The Insights pane, powered by Bing, offers more than just definitions. When you select a word or phrase, right-click it, and choose Smart Lookup, the insights pane will open with definitions, Wiki articles, and top related searches from the web. You can also get to Smart Lookup any time by going to Review > Smart Lookup and entering a query there.
Multi-Factor Authorization: Office 365 uses multi-factor authentication to help provide the extra security and is managed from the Office 365 admin center. Office 365 offers the following subset of Azure multi-factor authentication capabilities as a part of the subscription:
- The ability to enable and enforce multi-factor authentication for end users
- The use of a mobile app (online and one-time password [OTP]) as a second authentication factor
- The use of a phone call as a second authentication factor
- The use of a Short Message Service (SMS) message as a second authentication factor
- Application passwords for non-browser clients (for example, the Microsoft Lync 2013 communications software)
- Default Microsoft greetings during authentication phone calls
Office 365 Video: Office 365 Video is an intranet website portal where people in your organization can post and view videos. It’s a streaming video service for your organization that’s available with SharePoint Online in Office 365. It’s a great place to share videos of executive communications or recordings of classes, meetings, presentations, or training sessions, for example. Office 365 Video displays a thumbnail image of each video on the site. You just select a thumbnail to view a particular video. It’s like having an internal U-Tube for your company. It’s a great vehicle for training your staff or clients.
Power BI (Business Intelligence) Business intelligence (BI) is essentially the set of tools and processes that people use to gather data, turn it into meaningful information, and then make better decisions. In Office 365 Enterprise, you have BI capabilities available in Excel and SharePoint Online. These services enable you to gather data, visualize data, and share information with people in your organization across multiple devices. It enables you to you construct dashboards with graphs from your company’s data in a way that helps you glean information more easily, spot trends and focus on what matters. It can connect to data from your other Office 365 applications, as well as from sources outside your business.
Delve is used to search across your organization for information and insights derived from individual user behavior, relationships to content, topics, and one another. It helps you keep a finger on the pulse of what’s happening within your business. Use Delve to manage your Office 365 profile, and to discover and organize the information that’s likely to be most interesting to you right now, across Office 365. Delve never changes any permissions, so you’ll only see documents that you already have access to. Other people will not see your private documents. The Office Graph in Delve is like an artificial intelligence that collects information for you.
Microsoft Teams is relatively new. It’s a chat-centered workspace in Office 365 to bring together people, conversations, files, and tools into one place, so everyone has instant access to everything they need. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Planner, Power BI, Skype, and Delve are built into Microsoft Teams. So, you have all the applications and tools you need at hand. It brings you team players, files, tools and whatever you need to work together seamlessly.
So, as you can see, Office 365 is an amazing productivity tool. It’s securely powered by the cloud and allows optimal communication. It’s also installed on your local devices so you still have control—Your private information isn’t out in the public for everyone to access. You control who can view and edit your documents.
Stop using outdated technology. For more information about Microsoft Outlook 365 and how it can power up your business, contact Intivix at: (415)-549-9681 [email protected]