Occasionally, or perhaps frequently, a meeting needs to be scheduled with someone outside of your organization. Typically when this happens, emails are sent back and forth trying to identify a good time that works for those attending the meeting.
If you’re using Microsoft Office, you can skip a lot of that back and forth by sending your availability to the person/people that you are trying to schedule a meeting with. Here’s how:
- Create a new email addressed to the person that you would like to schedule a meeting with
- Click insert at the top of your email
- Click on the calendar icon
- Decide what calendar information you would like to share
- Click “show time within my working hours only”
- Click on the appropriate date range, or specify dates
- Click okay
- The calendar is added to your email
- Add any relevant details to the body of your email and hit send
Quick, simple and it could save you, and the other person, a lot of frustration.
Interested in a video tutorial showing you how to share your availability with someone outside of the company? We’ve got you covered – check out the Tips & Tricks – Sharing Outlook Calendar Availability on our YouTube channel. And be sure to hit subscribe to receive more great Office 365 tips!