It is almost time for ghosts, goblins, scary movies, and spooky treats! We are inching closer to Halloween! But, wait…. will we be able to celebrate Halloween as we have over the past few years?
Likely no, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a “Thriller” of a day and “Monster Mash” the night away. It might just require a bit of creativity and a Halloween mindset to get fully immersed in the holiday. And we are ghastly excited to share a few haunting ideas!
Trick Or Treat
Yes, this fun part of Halloween may experience the most changes, but there are a few ways to enjoy the treats that we have come to love.
- Go Boo Someone: Think of this as reverse trick or treat. You deliver candy to others in a spooky candy bag, with a “you’ve been booed” note. And if you are the receiver of one of these tricks, be sure to spread the fun in your neighborhood.
- Drive-By Trick or Treat: Similar to the drive-by birthday parties that have recently popped up, this is a fun way to check out decorations and have a trick or treat-like experience.
- Trick Or Treat Table: Instead of handing out candy directly, set up a table with candy in separate containers or bags.
Carving, Hunts & Patches
Naturally, we are talking about pumpkins! Amp up your pumpkin experience with these ideas.
- Pumpkin Picking: Head over to a local pumpkin patch and pick your own pumpkin.
- Carving Contest: Challenge your family, friends, or neighbors to a pumpkin carving contest. Everyone carves their pumpkin, displays it for all to see, and then those involved can vote on which one is the scariest, cutest, most creative, etc.
- Pumpkin Hunt: Take a stroll through your neighborhood, hop on your bike or in your car, and find pumpkins. Spice it up by looking for different shapes or creative designs.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy a good scare on Halloween!
- Movie Marathon: Family-friendly, comedies, and thrillers…the variety of Halloween movies is astounding! Pick your genre, pop some popcorn and get in the Halloween spirit.
- Drive-In: Check out a drive-in movie theater to see what spooky movies they’ll be playing.
- Mask It Up: Add a little, or a lot, of Halloween flair to your face mask. Cute little bats, or maybe a clown smile…your choice!
- Challenge: Host a virtual make-up challenge with friends and neighbors. Make up your face into your favorite character and vote on the most well-done, or scary, make-up.
Brew Up Some Fun
Costumes, decorations, and mischief can still be stirred up.
- Decorate: Your house, apartment, or room. Have fun and make it scary! Simple, or over-the-top. It is up to you!
- I Put A Spell On You: With dance moves! Get your Halloween playlist together and host a virtual dance party.
- Ghostly Charades: With all the Halloween movies and songs out there, why not try Halloween charades? How fun would it be to try to act out Hocus Pocus?
- Cake Eyeballs: Try your hand at cooking or baking ghoulish treats. Check out Pinterest for ideas, or come up with your own.
- Which Witch Is Which: Who, or what, will you transform into for Halloween? Find, or make, your costume and live it up! Heck, take a walk around your neighborhood or go for a bike ride in your costume. It is Halloween, after all.
You see, there are plenty of ways to celebrate Halloween, in a slightly a-typical time. And some of these could really scare the stuffing out of you!
Disclaimer: We strongly recommend that you check with city, state and CDC recommendations for your area to be fully informed and make decisions for you and your family.