Service Manager Job description
A company is only as good as the people it employs. Intivix, the best IT support company in the San Francisco Bay Area, takes hiring the right professional personnel very seriously. We don't just hire anyone--we are looking for people with something special to offer.
While an excellent technical background is a must for employment with Intivix, we are also equally interested in people who possess exceptional client service skills. Superior communication and going the extra mile are hallmarks of Intivix team members. Details matter; no matter how small they may seem.
When you hire Intivix, you hire a group of people that take IT support very seriously. You're not a faceless name and number to us. Your success is our success, and we are committed to helping you meet your goals. We are not content to see you just improve--we want to see you shine!
The Service Manager’s role is to oversee the IT Service Field and Help Desk teams and ensure that end users are receiving appropriate assistance in a timely manner. This includes managing procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents. The Service Manager is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service operations according to best practices, while ensuring a WOW level client experience, responsiveness and availability. This individual will drive problem resolution by serving as a technical escalation point for the Service Team. You will mentor and collaborate with team members and IT peers, raising the bar in both technical and non-technical aspects of the role. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and speedy issue resolutions. The Service Manager is also responsible for team capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. You will help lead the team effectively through change to consistently achieve operational excellence targets, maintain the highest levels of client satisfaction and a stellar support experience for our client base.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
- Analyze performance of Service Team activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Perform team management functions including performance reviews.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Team via telephone, chat, self-service and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate dashboards/reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Attend training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Service Team issues and relevant technologies.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service team member training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Team engineers.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Service Team software for internal team members and external clients.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service team technology procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing team members.
- Purchasing and deployment activities.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3+years equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Certified a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven work experience in IT management
- Scripting experience to automate processes
- Experience in systems or network engineering
- Familiarity with Active Directory, LDAP, VOIP/SIP telecom technologies
- Experience with Ticketing Systems
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including Macs and PCs
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic and monitoring utilities
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Mac, Windows, IOS and Android
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service deliverables.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct team members
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors to get things done.
Perks & Benefits
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals - and exceed them
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and 401K
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the world’s greatest cities
Intivix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation